Blog de Musique

This is a music blog. Different kinds of music. And commentary on said music. Most of the files uploaded will be AAC files (because I'm an Apple guy) so you best have iTunes to play them. Sorry if you don't. (If any links are dead, leave a comment and I'll reupload.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I buy way too much music for my own good and then waste my time talking about what music I've bought on my blog.

Monday, November 13, 2006

The Runaways "The Runaways"


This is one of my favorite hard rock albums. Yes, it's hard rock. It's not glam rock. The Runaways were one of the best all-girl rock bands ever. If there were no Runaways, there would have been no Go-Gos or Bangles. You can't argue with 5 teenage girls with a shitload of angst. Both Joan Jett and Lita Ford are kick ass guitarists. Their drummer, Sandy West, just died a few weeks back. That was sad because The Runaways were her only claim to fame and all wanted was to get the band back together and play one more time.

The story of The Runaways is both a very exciting and extremely sad one. Do yourself a favor and rent/download/steal a copy of Edgeplay: A Film About The Runaways. It an awesome documentary.

In the meantime, here's their first album.

Tracklist

cherry bomb
you drive me wild
is it day or night?
thunder
rock n roll
lovers
american nights
blackmail
secrets
dead end justice

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GAGO39PC

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dead link.

Please,upload again here, or:

filefactory
gigasize
www.turboupload.com

thanx

7:00 AM, March 08, 2007  
Blogger scumfactor said...

new link posted.

8:42 AM, March 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home