Blog de Musique

This is a music blog. Different kinds of music. And commentary on said music. Most of the files uploaded will be AAC files (because I'm an Apple guy) so you best have iTunes to play them. Sorry if you don't. (If any links are dead, leave a comment and I'll reupload.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I buy way too much music for my own good and then waste my time talking about what music I've bought on my blog.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Tom Jones "Lookin' Out My Window"

And speaking of Tom Jones... Here's a rare single from the Welshman himself. It's called Lookin' Out My Window. I first heard it on the mix CD by DJ Andy Smith's (Portishead's DJ), The Document. I decided to track an original copy of said 1968 single.

It's a classic track that, apparently, tons of DJs and turntablists love to use because of its cool break beat fills. The song is basically Tom Jones doing a James Brown. And it kicks ass. Here it is, transferred from the original vinyl:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VQC99O5W

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, thanks man! i heard this from andy smith too and always loved it.

-aaronfromqueens

6:34 PM, November 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any chance of getting this link up again? I've been wanting to listen to this for ages!

Cheers!

2:05 AM, December 12, 2007  
Blogger Ward-a-mercy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:10 AM, December 12, 2007  
Blogger Ward-a-mercy said...

Sorry, I kept forgetting to do the thing so I could be notified of a follow-up comment! ^ I'm the second "anonymous" up there too!

2:12 AM, December 12, 2007  
Blogger scumfactor said...

here you go

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VQC99O5W

7:27 AM, December 12, 2007  
Blogger Ward-a-mercy said...

Amazing! Thanks, man!

7:49 AM, December 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home