Blog de Musique

This is a music blog. Different kinds of music. And commentary on said music. Most of the files uploaded will be AAC files (because I'm an Apple guy) so you best have iTunes to play them. Sorry if you don't. (If any links are dead, leave a comment and I'll reupload.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I buy way too much music for my own good and then waste my time talking about what music I've bought on my blog.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Mono "Halcyon (Beautiful Days)"

Following on from the Fightstar upload, here is the band and song that I think was a direct influence on Fightstar's Mono. This is taken from Mono's third album Walking Cloud and Deep Red Sky.... It was the first Mono album that I had bought after having heard so much about them on different "post rock" message boards. At first, I was put off by their similarities to Mogwai but I started to appreciate them after seeing them play a few times.

The thing I love about this song is the total contrast from the quiet part to the loud climactic part. Up until hearing this song, I felt Mogwai had the best example of this contrast with their songs Summer and live versions of their song Mogwai Fear Satan. But after hearing Mono, I feel this Japanese post rock quartet perfected it. Take a listen if you don't believe me.

Mono Halcyon (Beautiful Days)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0M044ZFY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home