Blog de Musique

This is a music blog. Different kinds of music. And commentary on said music. Most of the files uploaded will be AAC files (because I'm an Apple guy) so you best have iTunes to play them. Sorry if you don't. (If any links are dead, leave a comment and I'll reupload.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I buy way too much music for my own good and then waste my time talking about what music I've bought on my blog.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

:(/data Panik "Split 7" Single"


This is a split single from :( (aka colonopenbracket) and data Panik. This was released earlier this year on Must Destroy Records.

:( play what they have labeled "emoticore." It looks just how it sounds. And it sounds like videogame music. Sure it's a bit of a novelty and may not have longevity. But it's pop music. And it's good. Think of the Super Mario Bros. theme song gone indie.
Twin Chevron Action Flash is the musical equivalent to a megamushroom.

data Panik featured the original members of legendary indie pop band, Bis. dP were more mature sounding and less lo-fi than its predecessor as evidenced on their side of this single, Control the Radical. Sadly, however, after a year of constant touring, their efforts went unrewarded and they split at the end of August this year. dP R.I.P.

:( "Twin Chevron Action Flash"
http://www.sendspace.com/file/nlzgxw

data Panik "Control the Radical"
http://www.sendspace.com/file/1u1uti

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home